Most of us were shocked to learn about Wednesday’s shooting at GOP lawmakers.
A rogue Bernie Sanders supporter opened fire on a baseball practice, intent on killing “as many republicans” as possible. While there were no deaths as of this writing other than the shooter, several people—including two officers—were wounded.
But this is not a surprise event. Liberals have been encouraging violence against conservatives for a long time now. This was direct result of their evil proclamations.
Warning: graphic language to follow.
Hollywood has issued dire predictions and hysterical warnings about Donald Trump ever since the Republican businessman first announced his candidacy for the presidency in June 2015.
But the level of vitriol and violent rhetoric against now-President Trump has increased substantially in recent weeks, from comedian Kathy Griffin’s now-famous shock “beheading” photograph to Shakespeare in the Park’s not-at-all-subtle “assassination” of Trump on a stage in New York City’s Central Park.
Unfortunately, Griffin and the director of Julius Caesar are not anomalies in Hollywood; actors, writers, directors, and other celebrities have fantasized about using violence against Trump, his supporters, and other GOP lawmakers for at least the past 18 months…
- Kathy Griffin ‘Beheads’ Trump in Graphic Photo
- Madonna – “I’ve thought a lot about blowing up the White House.”
- Snoop Dogg “Shoots” Trump in the Head in Music Video
- Robert De Niro: “I’d Like to Punch Him in the Face”
- Joss Whedon: “I Want a Rhino to F*ck Paul Ryan to Death”
- Shakespeare in the Park Stabs ‘Trump’ to Death in Performance of ‘Julius Caesar’
- David Simon: “Pick Up a G*ddamn Brick” if Trump Fires Robert Mueller
- Mickey Rourke Threatens to Beat Trump with Baseball Bat: “He Can Suck My F*cking D*ck”
- Actress Lea DeLaria Threatens to ‘Take Out’ Republicans and Independents with Baseball Bat after Trump Win
- Rapper YG Threatens Trump with “F*ck Donald Trump” Song
- Marilyn Manson Kills ‘Trump’ in Music Video
- Rapper Everlast Warns Trump: “I Will Punch You in Your F*cking Face”
- Larry Wilmore Jokes About Suffocating Trump with ‘Pillow They Used to Kill Scalia’
- Stephen Colbert’s Late Show Puts Stephen Miller’s Head on a Spike
- Sarah Silverman Suggests Military Could Help Overthrow Trump
Is it really a surprise that one of their followers would commit an act of violence? Celebrities have been calling for the death of our president and conservatives for months. It was only a matter of time before someone acted on their suggestions.
Do you really think they were all just “venting”? Of course not. These are famous actors and performers, some with highly visible profiles. For them to call for the murder of people—simply based on political differences—is shocking and unacceptable. They knew someone would act on their words.
These celebrities must be held accountable for their words. Even if it simply means we the people refuse to support their movies, music, and TV shows. As Americans, they are responsible for what they say. Wednesday’s shooting is largely their fault.