After the FBI raided former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, the country immediately wanted to know: where did the agents go in the home, and what did they find?
Not long after, reports started to flood the internet. In addition to allegedly classified documents, the FBI also took everything from napkins to a birthday menu. And they also didn’t just search Donald’s office.
This is the part that has infuriated the former POTUS — especially when it directly involves his family.
We’ve known for a while that agents rifled through Melania Trump’s personal items, and that was enough to get Donald pretty riled up. But as it turns out, the FBI didn’t stop in Melania’s bedroom.
They certainly targeted the office and the safe, where they reportedly found the documents Trump isn’t supposed to have (though he has since said he declassified all materials).
However, the FBI wasn’t going to be happy with just the office, as evidenced by their search of Melania’s closets.
Then they went beyond that and targeted 16-year-old Barron Trump’s room, which many Trump supporters won’t like. They already don’t like the idea of the raid; dragging Barron into it feels like more overreach.
Via Washington Examiner:
Former President Donald Trump added another grievance to his list of gripes against the FBI after its raid of his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida last month, saying agents searched his teenage son Barron’s room.
Donald Trump says the FBI raided his 16-year-old son Barron’s bedroom, too. pic.twitter.com/6TpAnK5YJq
— Patriot J ? (@sirhottest) September 4, 2022
During a rally over the weekend, Trump said the raid was conducted on a “phony pretext,” and has said from the beginning that it’s nothing more than a political witch hunt.
The former POTUS is currently under investigation for potentially violating the Espionage Act and obstruction of justice, regarding his handling of classified documents after leaving office.
He told the assembled crowd on Saturday that agents had “rifled through” his wife’s closet drawers, and “even did a deep and ugly search of the room of my 16-year-old son.”
The attendees booed loudly in response, and Trump added that agents “left everything they touched in far different condition than it was when they started.”
So far, America remains very much in the dark regarding the ongoing investigation and the raid itself. Authorities released the affidavit but it was heavily redacted and didn’t reveal much in the way of details.
The operation doesn’t appear to have dampened Trump’s spirits, though, and his desire to run in 2024 might be even higher now.
Shortly after the raid, he released a teaser video that quickly made the rounds. It wasn’t an official announcement but everyone expects that Trump’s intentions are clear.
However, if official charges come down – which aren’t expected until after the midterm elections – that could put a serious crimp in the former President’s future plans.
- Former President Donald Trump claimed the FBI searched his 16-year-old son Barron’s room during the raid.
- He also said the agents “left everything they touched in a far different condition” than before they arrived.
- Many Americans still don’t have a lot of specifics about the raid, as the released affidavit was heavily redacted.
Source: Washington Examiner